Contributions by Vote
How campaign contributions correlate with legislators' votes.
- Interest groups that oppose this bill (Accident & health insurance, Insurance agencies, brokers & agents, and Life insurance) gave an average of $20,930 to each Assembly member voting No, and $11,936 to each Assembly member voting Yes. That's 75% more given to Assembly members voting No.
- Interest groups that support this bill (State and local government employee unions, Teachers unions, Chiropractors, Consumer groups, and Elderly issues & Social Security) gave an average of $59,922 to each Assembly member voting Yes, and $2,814 to each Assembly member voting No. That's 21 times as much given to Assembly members voting No.
- Click Table to see contribution figures in a numerical table.
- Table of Contributions By Legislator shows contributions to each legislator by support and opposition interests, and the legislator's votes.
- Add Data Filters to see results for only certain legislators, to modify the date range of contributions, or to choose different interest groups. Any filters applied will also affect the charts on the top half of the page.