MapLight Launches Voter Guide for California Ballot Propositions in English and Spanish
MAPLIGHT LAUNCHES VOTER GUIDE FOR CALIFORNIA BALLOT PROPOSITIONS IN SPANISH AND ENGLISH
The nonprofit, nonpartisan Voter Guide was made possible in part by a grant from the James Irvine Foundation.
BERKELEY, CA-MapLight, a research organization that reveals money's influence on politics, announces the launch of a new Voter Guide, available in both English and Spanish, profiling California's ballot propositions. Today's launch of the Voter Guide will provide journalists and voters with a snapshot view of each proposition's summary information-what a 'YES' or a 'NO' vote would mean, the projected financial impact of the proposition, campaign arguments by proponents and opponents, and more-as well as campaign finance data-money raised for and against and a top 10 list of contributors for and against. In coming weeks the Voter Guide will be expanded to include endorsements, news, editorials, and advertisements.
"As a voter, it's hard to find the information you need to make truly informed decisions at the ballot box," said Daniel Newman, MapLight's president & co-founder. "The new MapLight Voter Guide provides California voters with a simple, reliable source for information about propositions all in one place, making it easier than ever to know what you're really voting for."
Available today, the Voter Guide provides journalists and citizens with summary information and campaign finance data relating to each ballot proposition for the June 5 primary election including:
- Summary information
- What a 'YES' or a 'NO' vote would mean
- The financial impact a ballot proposition would have
- Arguments written by the campaigns for and against each ballot proposition
- Contact information of the campaigns for and against each ballot proposition
- Additional informationfor example, how it got on the ballot
- Campaign Finance Information
- How much money has been raised for and against each ballot proposition and their total contributions
- The top 10 list of contributors for and against each ballot proposition and their total contributions
In coming weeks, the Voter Guide will provide a more comprehensive view showcasing each ballot proposition's:
- Names of organizations and individuals who have publicly indicated support of or opposition to each ballot proposition
- All of the latest news articles related to a ballot proposition
- Editorials and opinion pieces written for and against each ballot proposition
- Advertisements paid for by the campaigns supporting and opposing each ballot proposition
A link to this press release can be found here.
MapLight, a political money tracker, allows users to gain unique insights into how campaign contributions affect policy so they can draw their own conclusions about how money influences our political system.
Editor/Producer Note: If you would like to be added to our media list to receive periodic update alerts for Prop. 28 and/or Prop. 29 please respond to this email. We will not share your email address or spam your inbox.