PRESS RELEASE: MapLight Launches Voter's Edge for New Jersey U.S. Senate Special Election
Oct. 12, 2013— MapLight, a nonpartisan research organization that tracks the influence of money in politics, announces the launch of Voter's Edge for New Jersey's U.S. Senate special election. Voter's Edge shows biographical information, funding profiles, and speeches for key candidates. The election is scheduled for October 16, 2013. Funding profiles are based on latest available data from the Federal Election Commission as of October 4, 2013.
MapLight's Voter's Edge project was made possible in part by funders including the Kaphan Foundation and the James Irvine Foundation.
Voter's Edge Candidate Page for Cory Booker:
Voter's Edge Candidate Page for Steve Lonegan can be found here.
Data: MapLight analysis of campaign contributions made during the 2014 cycle to candidates running for New Jersey's U.S. Senate seat in the October 16, 2013 special election, based on latest available data from the Federal Election Commission as of October 4, 2013.
- Cory Booker has raised 77 percent of his money so far from donors outside of New Jersey including contributions from Disney ($25,900), Facebook ($44,700), and Goldman Sachs ($19,600).
- Steve Lonegan has raised 20 percent of his money so far from donors outside of New Jersey.
- In total, Booker's campaign has raised $6.2 million from out-of-state donors
- In total, Lonegan's campaign has raised just under $27,000 from out-of-state donors.
- Donors in New York state have given $3.1 million to Booker's campaign, more than donors from any other state.
- In total, Booker's campaign has raised $8.1 million.
- In total, Lonegan's campaign has raised $131,600.
Editor's note: For fact checking or further analysis click here for a spreadsheet of contributions to the campaigns of Cory Booker and Steve Lonegan.
If you use MapLight's data please cite us, "A MapLight analysis of FEC data ..."
A link to Voter's Edge for New Jersey's U.S. Senate special election can be found here.
About MapLight: MapLight is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, nonpartisan research organization that reveals money's influence on politics. If our work has been helpful to you, please consider supporting us.
c: 415-299-0898 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org | t: @imonlyabill