No actions available.
Full Text of this Amendment
At the appropriate place in title III, insert the following:
SEC. 3__X. DETROIT RIVER GREENWAY, MICHIGAN.
(a) In General.--The Secretary, in cooperation with the Detroit Riverfront Conservancy, shall design and construct the project for shore protection, environmental restoration, and recreation, Detroit River Greenway, Michigan, authorized by section 568 of the Water Resources Development Act of 1999 (113 Stat. 368), substantially in accordance with the East Riverfront Detroit RiverWalk Schematic Plan and the West Riverfront Plan prepared for the Detroit Riverfront Conservancy.
(b) Cooperative Agreements.--
(1) IN GENERAL.--In carrying out this section, the Secretary may enter into a cooperative agreement with the Detroit Riverfront Conservancy or any other non-Federal interest associated with the Detroit River Greenway project.
(2) NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS.--Notwithstanding section 221 of the Flood Control Act of 1970 (42 U.S.C. 1962d-5b), for purposes of paragraph (1), a non-Federal interest may include a nonprofit organization.
(c) Cost Sharing.--
(1) IN GENERAL.--The Federal share of the cost of the project under this section--
(A) shall be 65 percent; and
(B) may be in the form of credits or reimbursements.
(2) LAND, EASEMENTS, AND RIGHTS-OF-WAY.--The non-Federal interest shall--
(A) provide any land, easement, right-of-way, relocation, or dredged material disposal area necessary for construction of the project under this section; and
(B) be provided a credit toward the non-Federal share of the project for the cost of any land, easement, right-of-way, relocation, or dredged material disposal area so provided.
(3) IN-KIND SERVICES.--
(A) IN GENERAL.--The non-Federal interest may provide up to 100 percent of the non-Federal share in the form of design and construction services, materials, supplies or other in-kind contributions.
(B) LIMITATION.--The non-Federal interest shall not be provided reimbursement for the cost of any in-kind services provided under subparagraph (A) in excess of the non-Federal share of the cost of the project.
(4) OPERATION, MAINTENANCE, REPAIR, REHABILITATION, AND REPLACEMENT.--The operation, maintenance, repair, rehabilitation, and replacement of the project under this section shall be a non-Federal responsibility.
(d) Authorization of Appropriations.--There is authorized to be appropriated $10,000,000 for each fiscal year to carry out this section.
(As printed in the Congressional Record for the Senate on May 14, 2007.)