September 6, 2007, 12:00 am ET - Amendment SA 2710 proposed by Senator Leahy for Senator Coleman.
September 6, 2007, 12:00 am ET - Amendment SA 2710 as modified agreed to in Senate by Unanimous Consent.
Full Text of this Amendment
On page 367, beginning on line 15, strike ``UNDP is--'' and all that follows through line 22 and insert the following: ``UNDP--
(1) is giving adequate and appropriate access to information to the United States Mission to the United Nations regarding UNDP's programs and activities, as requested, including in North Korea and Burma;
(2) is conducting appropriate oversight of UNDP programs and activities globally;
(3) has increased transparency by making UNDP financial documents available to United Nations member states;
(4) has implemented the whistleblower protection policy established by the United Nations Secretariat in December 2005; and
(5) has undertaken an investigation of all UNDP programs globally by an external independent investigator.
(As printed in the Congressional Record for the Senate on Sep 6, 2007.)