No actions available.
Full Text of this Amendment
On page 410, between line 15 and 16, insert the following:
WITHHOLDING OF UNITED STATES CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Sec. 699B. For each fiscal year, the Secretary of State shall withhold from the United States contribution to the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) an amount equal to the sum of all amounts authorized for such fiscal year by the leadership of the United Nations for ``national execution'' by any country, or transference of cash or in-kind contributions to a government of any country, that--
(1) is subject to sanctions imposed by the United Nations Security Council;
(2) is not in compliance with its nonproliferation obligations or has illicit procurement networks pertaining to nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons programs and technologies;
(3) is subject to sanctions imposed by the United States Government;
(4) is designated by the Secretary of State as a state sponsor of terrorism;
(5) is known by the Department of the Treasury to support or engage in the counterfeiting of United States currency; or
(6) is barred by United States law, including any executive order, from receiving United States foreign assistance.
(As printed in the Congressional Record for the Senate on Sep 6, 2007.)