No actions available.
Full Text of this Amendment
On page 318, between lines 9 and 10, insert the following:
(d) Notwithstanding the sixth proviso under the heading ``GLOBAL HEALTH PROGRAMS'' in title III, funds appropriated or otherwise made available by this Act for a United States contribution to the United Nations Population Fund shall be used for the following purposes:
(1) To provide and distribute equipment, medicine and supplies, including safe delivery kits and hygiene kits, to ensure safe childbirth and emergency obstetric care.
(2) To make available supplies of contraceptives for the prevention of unintended pregnancies and the spread of sexually transmitted infections, including HIV/AIDS.
(3) To prevent and treat cases of obstetric fistula.
(4) To reestablish maternal health services in areas where medical infrastructure and such services have been destroyed or limited by natural disasters, armed conflict, or other factors.
(5) To promote abandonment of harmful traditional practices, including female genital mutilation and cutting and child marriage.
(6) To promote the access of unaccompanied women and other vulnerable people to vital services, including access to water, sanitation facilities, food, and health care.
(7) To prevent mother-to-child transmission of HIV.
(As printed in the Congressional Record for the Senate on Sep 6, 2007.)