No actions available.
Full Text of this Amendment
At the appropriate place, insert the following:
SEC. __X. STUDY BY ADMINISTRATOR OF AVIATION SECTOR GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSIONS.
(a) In General.--The Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency shall enter into an agreement with the National Academy of Sciences under which the Academy shall conduct a study on greenhouse gas emissions associated with the aviation industry, including--
(1) a determination of appropriate data necessary to make determinations of emission inventories, considering fuel use, airport operations, ground equipment, and all other sources of emissions in the aviation industry;
(2) an estimate of projected industry emissions for the following 5-year, 20-year, and 50-year periods;
(3) based on existing literature, research and surveys to determine the existing best practices for emission reduction in the aviation sector;
(4) recommendations on areas of focus for additional research for technologies and operations with the highest potential to reduce emissions; and
(5) recommendations of actions that the Federal Government could take to encourage or require additional emissions reductions.
(b) Consultation.--In developing the parameters of the study under this section, the Administrator shall conduct the study under this section in consultation with--
(1) the Secretary of Transportation, acting through the Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration; and
(2) other appropriate Federal agencies and departments.
(As printed in the Congressional Record for the Senate on May 1, 2008.)