No actions available.
Full Text of this Amendment
At the appropriate place, insert the following:
SEC. __. STUDY ON ADEQUACY OF TRAINING PROGRAMS FOR AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLERS.
(a) Study.--The Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration shall conduct a study, in consultation with representatives of air traffic controllers, to assess the adequacy of training programs for air traffic controllers.
(b) Contents.--The study shall include--
(1) a review of the current training system for air traffic controllers;
(2) an analysis of the competencies required of air traffic controllers for successful performance in the current air traffic control environment;
(3) an analysis of competencies required of air traffic controllers as the Federal Aviation Administration transitions to the Next Generation Air Transportation System;
(4) an analysis of various training approaches available to satisfy the controller competencies identified under paragraphs (2) and (3); and
(5) an analysis of various training approaches available to ensure that the controller competencies identified under paragraphs (2) and (3) are maintained when airspace is transferred from one air traffic control center to another.
(c) Report.--Not later than 180 days after the date of enactment of this Act, the Administrator shall submit to the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation of the Senate and the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure of the House of Representatives a report on the results of the study.
(As printed in the Congressional Record for the Senate on May 2, 2008.)