No actions available.
Full Text of this Amendment
which was ordered to lie on the table; as follows:
At the appropriate place, insert the following:
SEC. __X. REPORT ON FEDERAL HOUSING ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS.
Not later than 2 years after the date of enactment of this Act, the Comptroller General of the United States shall submit to Congress a report that contains--
(1) a complete list of all programs administered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development that provide housing assistance;
(2) for each program listed under paragraph (1)--
(A) the total amount of Federal funds used to carry out each program in the most recent fiscal year for which comparable data is available;
(B) the proportion of funding spent on direct housing assistance for each program in the most recent fiscal year and the proportion spent on administration, counseling, and other activities not directly related to housing support;
(C) the amount of improper payments or fraud identified or estimated in each program in the most recent fiscal year; and
(D) the findings of any performance reviews of effectiveness with respect to achieving the goals of the program conducted by the Director of the Office of Management and Budget, the Comptroller General, or other agencies of each program within the previous 10 years (noting if no such review was conducted);
(3) a description of the funding formula for each housing grant program administered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development with recommendations to ensure better equity in distribution and targeting of such funds to assist those without permanent housing;
(4) a description of the amounts the Federal Government has spent on housing assistance over the past 25 years and how the number of those in the country without permanent housing today compares to the same number 25 years ago; and
(5) as of the date of the completion of the report--
(A) the number of employees of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, including contractors and other individuals whose salary is paid in full or part by the Department; and
(B) the number of individuals who receive housing assistance from the Department.
(As printed in the Congressional Record for the Senate on Apr 3, 2008.)