No actions available.
Full Text of this Amendment
to lie on the table; as follows:
At the end of part I of subtitle A of title I of division B, insert the following:
SEC. __. EXTENSION OF WAIVER OF REQUIRED MINIMUM DISTRIBUTION RULES FROM CERTAIN RETIREMENT PLANS AND ACCOUNTS.
(a) In General.--Subparagraph (H) of section 401(a)(9), as added by the Worker, Retiree, and Employer Recovery Act of 2008, is amended--
(1) by striking ``for calendar year 2009'' in clause (i) and inserting ``in calendar years 2009 or 2010'',
(2) by striking ``2009'' in clause (ii)(I) and inserting ``2010'', and
(3) by striking ``to calendar year 2009'' in clause (ii)(II) and inserting ``to calendar years 2009 or 2010''.
(b) Eligible Rollover Distributions.--The last sentence of section 402(c)(4), as added by the Worker, Retiree, and Employer Recovery Act of 2008, is amended by inserting ``or 2010'' after ``2009''.
(c) Effective Dates.--
(1) IN GENERAL.--The amendments made by this section shall apply to calendar years beginning after December 31, 2009.
(2) PROVISIONS RELATING TO PLAN OR CONTRACT AMENDMENTS.--
(A) IN GENERAL.--If this paragraph applies to any pension plan or contract amendment, such pension plan or contract shall be treated as being operated in accordance with the terms of the plan during the period described in subparagraph (B)(ii)(I).
(B) AMENDMENTS TO WHICH PARAGRAPH APPLIES.--
(i) IN GENERAL.--This paragraph shall apply to any amendment to any pension plan or annuity contract which--
(I) is made by pursuant to the amendments made by this section, and
(II) is made on or before the last day of the first plan year beginning on or after January 1, 2011.
In the case of a governmental plan, subclause (II) shall be applied by substituting ``2012'' for ``2011''.
(ii) CONDITIONS.--This paragraph shall not apply to any amendment unless during the period beginning on January 1, 2009, and ending on December 31, 2010 (or, if earlier, the date the plan or contract amendment is adopted), the plan or contract is operated as if such plan or contract amendment were in effect.
(As printed in the Congressional Record for the Senate on Feb 4, 2009.)