March 26, 2009, 12:00 am ET - Amendment SA 714 proposed by Senator Mikulski for Senator Warner to Amendment SA 687.
March 26, 2009, 12:00 am ET - Amendment SA 714 agreed to in Senate by Unanimous Consent.
Full Text of this Amendment
On page 235, between lines 9 and 10, insert the following:
SEC. 1713. VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT CORPS STUDY.
(a) Findings.--Congress finds the following:
(1) Many managers seek opportunities to give back to their communities and address the Nation's challenges.
(2) Managers possess business and technical skills that make them especially suited to help nonprofit organizations and State and local governments create efficiencies and cost savings and develop programs to serve communities in need.
(3) There are currently a large number of businesses and firms who are seeking to identify savings through sabbatical opportunities for senior employees.
(b) Study and Plan.--Not later than 6 months after the date of enactment of this Act, the Corporation shall--
(1) conduct a study on how best to establish and implement a Volunteer Management Corps program; and
(2) submit a plan regarding the establishment of such program to Congress and to the President.
(c) Consultation.--In carrying out the study described in subsection (b)(1), the Corporation may consult with experts in the private and nonprofit sectors.
(d) Effective Date.--Notwithstanding section 6101, this section shall take effect on the date of enactment of this Act.
(As printed in the Congressional Record for the Senate on Mar 25, 2009.)