March 18, 2009, 12:00 am ET - Amendment SA 677 proposed by Senator Coburn to Amendment SA 684.
March 19, 2009, 12:00 am ET - Considered by Senate.
March 19, 2009, 11:06 am ET - On the Motion to Table (Motion to Table Coburn Amdt. No. 677)
Full Text of this Amendment
At the appropriate place, insert the following:
SEC. __X. ANNUAL REPORT RELATING TO LAND OWNED BY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.
(a) Annual Report.--
(1) IN GENERAL.--Subject to paragraph (2), not later than May 15, 2009, and annually thereafter, the Director of the Office of Management and Budget (referred to in this section as the ``Director'') shall ensure that a report that contains the information described in subsection (b) is posted on a publicly available website.
(2) EXTENSION RELATING TO CERTAIN SEGMENT OF REPORT.--With respect to the date on which the first annual report is required to be posted under paragraph (1), if the Director determines that an additional period of time is required to gather the information required under subsection (b)(3)(B), the Director may--
(A) as of the date described in paragraph (1), post each segment of information required under paragraphs (1), (2), and (3)(A) of subsection (b); and
(B) as of May 15, 2010, post the segment of information required under subsection (b)(3)(B).
(b) Required Information.--Except as provided in subsection (c), an annual report described in subsection (a) shall contain, for the period covered by the report--
(1) a description of the total quantity of--
(A) land located within the jurisdiction of the United States, to be expressed in acres;
(B) the land described in subparagraph (A) that is owned by the Federal Government, to be expressed--
(i) in acres; and
(ii) as a percentage of the quantity described in subparagraph (A); and
(C) the land described in subparagraph (B) that is located in each State, to be expressed, with respect to each State--
(i) in acres; and
(ii) as a percentage of the quantity described in subparagraph (B);
(2) a description of the total annual cost to the Federal Government for maintaining all parcels of administrative land and all administrative buildings or structures under the jurisdiction of each Federal agency; and
(3) a list and detailed summary of--
(A) with respect to each Federal agency--
(i) the number of unused or vacant assets;
(ii) the replacement value for each unused or vacant asset;
(iii) the total operating costs for each unused or vacant asset; and
(iv) the length of time that each type of asset described in clause (i) has been unused or vacant, organized in categories comprised of periods of--
(I) not more than 1 year;
(II) not less than 1, but not more than 2, years; and
(III) not less than 2 years; and
(B) the estimated costs to the Federal Government of the maintenance backlog of each Federal agency, to be--
(i) organized in categories comprised of buildings and structures; and
(ii) expressed as an aggregate cost.
(c) Exclusions.--Notwithstanding subsection (b), the Director shall exclude from an annual report required under subsection (a) any information that the Director determines would threaten national security.
(d) Use of Existing Annual Reports.--An annual report required under subsection (a) may be comprised of any annual report relating to the management of Federal real property that is published by a Federal agency.
(As printed in the Congressional Record for the Senate on Mar 17, 2009.)