No actions available.
Full Text of this Amendment
At the appropriate place, insert the following:
Sec. __. (a) Not later than 60 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary of Homeland Security shall submit a report to the congressional committees set forth in subsection (b) that provides details about--
(1) additional Border Patrol sectors that should be utilizing Operation Streamline programs; and
(2) resources needed from the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Justice to increase the effectiveness of Operation Streamline programs at some Border Patrol sectors and to utilize such programs at additional sectors.
(b) The congressional committees set forth in this subsection are--
(1) the Committee on Appropriations of the Senate;
(2) the Committee on the Judiciary of the Senate;
(3) the Committee on Appropriations of the House of Representatives;
(4) the Committee on the Judiciary of the House of Representatives;
(5) the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs of the Senate; and
(6) the Committee on Homeland Security of the House of Representatives.
(As printed in the Congressional Record for the Senate on Jul 8, 2009.)