No actions available.
Full Text of this Amendment
At the appropriate place, insert the following:
SEC. __. FLOOD MAP AND FLOOD RISK PROJECTS.
(a) Findings.--Congress finds that--
(1) Risk MAP products are very important on many fronts because the products are used by insurance companies, State and local governments, and the Federal Government, to develop improved understandings of flood risk and other hazard information to mitigate loss;
(2) local regions have unique characteristics and flooding issues that are best understood by local companies who have worked on flood maps in the region;
(3) the intimate understanding of a region helps local companies produce a superior product;
(4) small and medium-sized businesses form the backbone of the economy, providing more net new jobs than large companies; and
(5) current unemployment rates combined with a severe economic slowdown make it even more important to foster small and medium-sized businesses.
(b) Sense of the Senate.--It is the sense of the Senate that the Federal Emergency Management Agency should ensure that small and medium-sized businesses with local expertise be allowed to continue flood map and flood risk projects within the region small businesses currently hold Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity contracts.
(As printed in the Congressional Record for the Senate on Jul 8, 2009.)