July 9, 2009, 12:00 am ET - Amendment SA 1455 proposed by Senator Murray for Senator Kyl to Amendment SA 1373.
July 9, 2009, 12:00 am ET - Amendment SA 1455 as modified agreed to in Senate by Unanimous Consent.
Full Text of this Amendment
At the appropriate place, insert the following:
Sec. __. (a) Not later than 60 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Attorney General and the Administrative Office of the United States Courts, shall submit a report to the congressional committees set forth in subsection (b) that provides details about--
(1) additional Border Patrol sectors that should be utilizing Operation Streamline programs; and
(2) resources needed from the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Justice, and the Judiciary, to increase the effectiveness of Operation Streamline programs at some Border Patrol sectors and to utilize such programs at additional sectors.
(b) The congressional committees set forth in this subsection are--
(1) the Committee on Appropriations of the Senate;
(2) the Committee on the Judiciary of the Senate;
(3) the Committee on Appropriations of the House of Representatives; and
(4) the Committee on the Judiciary of the House of Representatives.
(As printed in the Congressional Record for the Senate on Jul 9, 2009.)