No actions available.
Full Text of this Amendment
At the appropriate place in title VI, insert the following:
SEC. __. RURAL COMMUNITY GRANT APPLICATIONS.
(a) In General.--Notwithstanding any other provision of law, an eligible rural community may submit to the appropriate Federal official an application for a grant under an applicable Federal program.
(b) Eligibility.--To be eligible to submit an application under subsection (a), a rural community shall comply with the following:
(1) The community shall submit to the State in which the community is located, an application for a grant under an applicable Federal program. Such State shall forward all such applications to the appropriate Federal officials involved.
(2) The community shall provide assurances that the community will comply with the requirements otherwise applicable with respect to the grant under the applicable Federal program.
(3) The community shall comply with any other requirements applied by the appropriate Federal official.
(c) Definitions.--In this section:
(1) APPLICABLE FEDERAL PROGRAM.--The term "applicable Federal program" means a grant program that--
(A) is administered by a Federal department or agency;
(B) provides authority to award grants only on a Statewide (or territory-wide) basis; and
(C) is certified by the appropriate Federal official as being a program under which a rural community will be eligible to receive a grant under the authority provided under this section.
(2) APPROPRIATE FEDERAL OFFICIAL.--The term "appropriate Federal official" means a Federal official that is responsible for administering an applicable Federal program.
(3) RURAL COMMUNITY.--The term "rural community" has the meaning given such term by the State involved.
(d) Regulations.--Each appropriate Federal official shall promulgate regulations with respect to the participation of eligible rural communities in any applicable Federal programs administered by each such official.
(As printed in the Congressional Record for the Senate on Mar 4, 2010.)