No actions available.
Full Text of this Amendment
At the end of title V, add the following:
SEC. 503. STUDY AND REPORT ON THE MARKETING OF PRODUCTS WITH CREDIT OFFERS.
(a) Study.--The Comptroller General of the United States shall conduct a study on the terms, conditions, marketing, and value to consumers of products marketed in conjunction with credit card offers, including--
(1) debt suspension agreements;
(2) debt cancellation agreements; and
(3) credit insurance products.
(b) Areas of Concern.--The study conducted under this section shall evaluate--
(1) the suitability of the offer of products described in subsection (a) for target customers;
(2) the predatory nature of such offers; and
(3) specifically for debt cancellation or suspension agreements and credit insurance products, loss rates compared to more traditional insurance products.
(c) Report to Congress.--The Comptroller shall submit a report to Congress on the results of the study required by this section not later than December 31, 2010.
(As printed in the Congressional Record for the Senate on May 12, 2009.)