February 16, 2011, 7:00 pm ET - Amendment SA 81 proposed by Senator Coburn.
February 16, 2011, 7:00 pm ET - Amendment SA 81 agreed to in Senate by Voice Vote.
Full Text of this Amendment
On page 141, between lines 9 and 10, insert the following:
SEC. 420. LIMITATION ON ESSENTIAL AIR SERVICE TO LOCATIONS THAT AVERAGE 10 OR MORE ENPLANEMENTS PER DAY.
(a) In General.--Section 41731(a)(1) is amended--
(1) in subparagraph (A), by redesignating clauses (i) through (iii) as subclauses (I) through (III), respectively;
(2) by redesignating subparagraphs (A) and (B) as clauses (i) and (ii), respectively;
(3) in clause (i)(I), as redesignated, by inserting "(A)" before "(i)(I)";
(4) in subparagraph (A)(ii), as redesignated, by striking the period at the end and inserting "; and"; and
(5) by adding at the end the following:
"(B) had an average of 10 enplanements per day or more in the most recent calendar year for which enplanement data is available to the Administrator.".
(b) Exceptions for Locations in Alaska.--Section 41731 is amended by adding at the end the following:
"(c) Exception for Locations in Alaska.--Subsection (a)(1)(B) shall not apply with respect to locations in the State of Alaska.".
(c) Waivers.--Such section is further amended by adding at the end the following:
"(d) Waivers.--The Administrator may waive subsection (a)(1)(B) with respect to a location if the Administrator determines that the reason the location averages fewer than 10 enplanements per day is not because of inherent issues with the location.".
(As printed in the Congressional Record for the Senate on Feb 14, 2011.)