February 7, 2011, 7:00 pm ET - Amendment SA 55 proposed by Senator Reid.
February 13, 2011, 7:00 pm ET - Considered by Senate.
February 14, 2011, 7:00 pm ET - Considered by Senate.
February 14, 2011, 7:00 pm ET - Amendment SA 55 agreed to in Senate by Unanimous Consent.
Full Text of this Amendment
On page 311, between lines 11 and 12, insert the following:
SEC. 7__. CONVEYANCE OF LAND TO CITY OF MESQUITE, NEVADA.
(1) CITY.--The term "city" means the city of Mesquite, Nevada.
(2) MAP.--The term "map" means the map entitled "Mesquite Airport Conveyance" and dated February 6, 2011.
(3) SECRETARY.--The term "Secretary" means the Secretary of the Interior, acting through the Bureau of Land Management.
(b) Conveyance of Land to City.--
(1) IN GENERAL.--As soon as practicable after the date of enactment of this Act, subject to valid existing rights, and notwithstanding the land use planning requirements of sections 202 and 203 of the Federal Land Policy and Management Act of 1976 (43 U.S.C. 1712, 1713), the Secretary shall convey to the city, without consideration, all right, title, and interest of the United States in and to the land described in paragraph (2).
(2) DESCRIPTION OF LAND.--The land referred to in paragraph (1) consists of land managed by the Bureau of Land Management described on the map as "Remnant Parcel".
(3) MAP AND LEGAL DESCRIPTION.--
(A) IN GENERAL.--As soon as practicable after the date of enactment of this Act, the Secretary shall finalize the legal description of the parcel to be conveyed under this section.
(B) MINOR ERRORS.--The Secretary may correct any minor error in--
(i) the map; or
(ii) the legal description.
(C) AVAILABILITY.--The map and legal description shall be on file and available for public inspection in the appropriate offices of the Bureau of Land Management.
(4) COSTS.--The Secretary shall require the city to pay all costs necessary for the preparation and completion of any patents for, and transfers of title to, the land described in paragraph (2).
(5) WITHDRAWAL.--Subject to valid existing rights, until the date of the conveyance under paragraph (1), the parcel of public land described in paragraph (2) is withdrawn from--
(A) location, entry, and patent under the public land mining laws; and
(B) operation of the mineral leasing, geothermal leasing, and mineral materials laws.
(6) REVERSION.--If the land conveyed under paragraph (1) ceases to be used by the city for the purposes described in section 3(f) of Public Law 99-548 (100 Stat. 3061), the land shall, at the discretion of the Secretary, revert to the United States.
(As printed in the Congressional Record for the Senate on Feb 7, 2011.)