February 16, 2011, 7:00 pm ET - Amendment SA 80 proposed by Senator Coburn.
February 16, 2011, 7:00 pm ET - Amendment SA 80 as modified agreed to in Senate by Unanimous Consent.
February 17, 2011, 2:15 pm ET - On the Motion to Table S.Amdt. 80 to S. 223 (FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act)
Full Text of this Amendment
On page 141, between lines 9 and 10, insert the following:
SEC. 420. LIMITATION ON ESSENTIAL AIR SERVICE TO LOCATIONS THAT ARE 100 OR MORE MILES AWAY FROM THE NEAREST MEDIUM OR LARGE HUB AIRPORT.
(a) In General.--Section 41731(a)(1) is amended--
(1) in subparagraph (A), by redesignating clauses (i) through (iii) as subclauses (I) through (III), respectively;
(2) by redesignating subparagraphs (A) and (B) as clauses (i) and (ii), respectively;
(3) in clause (i)(I), as redesignated, by inserting "(A)" before "(i)(I)";
(4) in subparagraph (A)(ii), as redesignated, by striking the period at the end and inserting "; and"; and
(5) by adding at the end the following:
"(B) is located not less than 100 miles from the nearest medium or large hub airport.".
(b) Exceptions for Locations in Alaska.--Section 41731 is amended by adding at the end the following:
"(c) Exception for Locations in Alaska.--Subsection (a)(1)(B) shall not apply with respect to locations in the State of Alaska.".
(As printed in the Congressional Record for the Senate on Feb 14, 2011.)