Find a Bill
Find a bill using the search box (in the upper-right corner of each page).
- To find a bill, type some words in the search box, then press the Enter key.
- Click on a bill title to go to that bill's page.
- Click Show all to see all bills found for this search.
- Click Bills to browse bills in more detail (shown below).
- To search bills again, type search terms and press the Enter key.
- To limit searches to bill number, title, or sponsor, use the drop-down menu.
- Limit search results by session of Congress. The "111th Congress" is the 2009-2010 session of Congress.
- Limit search results to bills on which at least one organization has taken a position (according to MapLight research), or to bills currently in the news (according to MapLight's editors).
- Limit search results to House bills, or to Senate bills.
- Limit search results according to the bill's progress through Congress.
- Limit search results by bill topic, according to Congressional Research Service (CRS) topic categories.
- When searching bills in past Congresses (109th and 110th), use this set of topics instead.