MapLight, an innovative, award-winning nonprofit that strives to create a government that (actually) works for the people, is seeking a full-time Administrative Manager to join its dynamic team.
This is a full-time position that will provide critical support across teams and help keep our fast-paced office running smoothly. Along with general administrative duties, this position will have specific responsibilities in the areas of fundraising and human resources. The salary range is $45-50k/year.
The ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and be able to effectively manage multiple duties while maintaining a helpful and enthusiastic demeanor. This is a great opportunity to positively impact the success and culture of a cutting-edge nonprofit.
This position is available immediately and includes fully-covered health benefits, generous paid vacation, and 403(b) matching.
MapLight is located in downtown Berkeley (near BART). Our hardworking but casual office environment includes quality-of-life perks such as a fully-stocked office snack bar, optional work-from-home Fridays, biweekly team lunches, delicious fair-trade coffee, ergonomic workstations, and bike storage on the premises. Come work with us on the cutting edge of government transparency and accountability!
MapLight is a nonpartisan, 501(c)(3) research organization strives to create a government that (actually) works for the people. Our work reveals the influence of money in politics, informs and empowers voters, and advances reforms that promote a more responsive democracy.
Since our founding in 2005, MapLight has reached over 300 million people with our data highlighting the impact of political influence. We've also launched Voter’s Edge, a comprehensive, nonpartisan online voter guide for the 21st century, and won a James Madison Freedom of Information Award, a Knight-Batten Award for Innovations in Journalism, a Library Journal Best Reference Award, an American Library Association MARS: Best Free Reference Web Site Award, and a Webby Award nomination. For more about MapLight's work, check out the Stanford Social Innovation Review’s profile of MapLight (http://maplight.org/SSIR) or visit http://maplight.org and http://votersedge.org.
- Run biweekly payroll and ensure smooth, error-free benefits administration and human resources data entry
- Onboard new employees/interns and offboard terminated ones
- Provide primary phone coverage, greet incoming visitors, and process office mail
- Order office supplies (including meals/snacks) and coordinate with vendors
- Route incoming invoices for approval/payment, deposit incoming checks, and compile the monthly credit card reconciliation
- Maintain electronic and paper files for foundations and donors, including updating fundraising database with records of all financial receipts
- Coordinate with the Deputy Director to fulfill other development-related tasks
- Maintain and update routine collateral material, both for internal meetings and external audiences
- Provide general administrative support, especially in the areas of internal tech troubleshooting and office management
- Other duties as needed
- Computer-savvy, web-savvy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a strong sense of judgment and tact
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills; trustworthy and responsive
- Dedication to detail-oriented, thorough, and 100% accurate work
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Personal dedication to MapLight’s mission and a demonstrated interest in civic engagement
- Experience with office administration, human resources, or fundraising
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and resume to the attention of DeAnna Dalton, Deputy Director, at email@example.com, and reference “Administrative Manager” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls or in-person inquiries, please.
MapLight believes that diversity makes us stronger. Building a team with diverse perspectives and life experiences enhances our ability to design products that inspire informed engagement with our political system across an inclusive audience. To that end, we are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If you have a disability and may require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.