Advance reform in your state or city
At MapLight, we believe it’s possible to reform our political processes to build a democracy that works for the people—at every level of government.
Policies we support
We promote policies that reduce the influence of money in politics and give more power to people like you. That includes:
- Greater disclosure and transparency, so the public knows who’s spending to influence elections;
- Reasonable limits on contributions to candidates, so the wealthy don’t have disproportionate voice in politics;
- Systems for public funding of elections, so candidates can run on the strength of their ideas and not their access to wealth; and
- Other reforms that make government more representative and responsive.
How we can help
If you’re an activist seeking to make change in your state or local government, we can help by:
- Analyzing campaign finance data and producing reports to help you make the case for reform at home;
- Providing research and recommendations on what types of policies are most effective; and
- Sharing best practices and messaging research for running a successful campaign for reform.
Contact us today to get started: use the form on this page, or email email@example.com.
- Illuminating Dark Digital Politics: Campaign Finance Disclosure for the 21st Century
- Bringing Fair Elections to Berkeley: A Case Study
- Small Group of Donors Responsible for Oakland Campaign Money
- Outside Groups Poured $15 Million Into 2018 Missouri Elections
- Small Donor Class Funds Oregon Elections
- 2018 Fair Elections in Berkeley
- Campaign Funding in Silicon Valley: Spotlight on San Jose
- Campaign Funding in Silicon Valley: Spotlight on Daly City
- Campaign Funding in Silicon Valley: Spotlight on Palo Alto
- Campaign Funding in Silicon Valley: Spotlight on Mountain View