NEWLY LAUNCHED MAPLIGHT "VOTER'S EDGE" TRACKS FUNDING BEHIND CA BALLOT MEASURES
Voter's Edge Offers a Nonpartisan Source of Information about Ballot Measures – Everything You Need to Know, All in One Place
July 10, 2012 – BERKELEY, CA – MapLight, a nonpartisan political money tracker, announces the launch of Voter's Edge California, a comprehensive voter guide profiling California ballot measures.
Voter's Edge offers citizens and journalists a one-stop shop for information about ballot measures, including:
- Campaign Finance
- How much money has been raised for and against each ballot measure
- The top 10 list of contributors for and against each ballot measure and their total contributions
- Names of organizations and individuals who have publicly indicated support of or opposition to each ballot measure
- All of the latest news articles related to a ballot measure
- Editorials and opinion pieces written for and against each ballot measure
- Advertisements being run by the official campaigns to support and oppose each ballot measure
- Summary information
- What a 'YES' or a 'NO' vote would mean
- The financial impact a ballot measure would have
- Arguments written by the campaigns for and against each ballot measure
- Contact information of the campaigns for and against each ballot measure
- Additional information - for example, how it got on the ballot
A link to this press release can be found here.
California Ballot Propositions on the November ballot :
- Prop. 30 - Taxes (Brown plan)
- Prop. 31 - State Budget
- Prop. 32 - Political Contributions
- Prop. 33 - Auto Insurance
- Prop. 34 - Death Penalty
- Prop. 35 - Human Trafficking
- Prop. 36 - Three Strikes Law
- Prop. 37 - Genetically Engineered Foods
- Prop. 38 - Taxes (Munger plan)
- Prop. 39 - Taxes for Multistate Businesses
- Prop. 40 - Redistricting
Editors, News Directors, and Reporters: Please contact us directly if you have a custom data request or would like our researchers to compile the most up-to-date campaign finance data before your story airs or goes to print. Feel free to send news articles and editorials written about ballot measures for inclusion in the Voter's Edge California 'News' and 'Editorial' sections. We will provide links from our website back to your article.
Partners: MapLight will be expanding Voter's Edge to additional states and cities in partnership with state and local media outlets and community groups across the country. If you are interested in working with MapLight to bring Voter's Edge to your state, county, or city, please contact Jay Costa: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MapLight, a political money tracker, allows users to gain unique insights into how campaign contributions affect policy so they can draw their own conclusions about how money influences our political system.